How much time is healthy for us to spend together?Tweet
Healthy relationships and the things people do make them work are fun and make you feel good about yourself. You can have a healthy relationship with anyone in your life, including your family, friends and dating partners.
Relationships take time, energy, and care to make them healthy. The relationships that you make in your teen years will be a special part of your life and will teach you some of the most important lessons about who you are.
Know the basics of healthy relationship
You know that you are in a healthy relationship with someone because you feel good about yourself when you are around that person. You should feel safe around the other person and feel that you can trust him/her with your secrets.
It is not unusual for the first months of relationships to be full of promise and relatively free of conflict. While some people experience the exhilaration of meeting someone new and falling in love, other relationships build slowly or originate in a friendship that grows into love over time.
Falling in love casts our partner in the best possible light, and we often don’t notice or are willing to overlook potential “rough spots.”
How much time is needed for Relationships?
- When people are asked what they consider the most important ingredients in a good relationship, communication is typically high on the list.
- Starting out by talking about one concern and then bringing up another when the first discussion is unfinished can also lead to problems.
- Do your best to keep the focus on resolving one concern at a time, even if it is tempting to “list” other concerns or grievances.
- Plan your week so you have to walk to the shops frequently. By going often you'll only have to carry light bags of shopping back.
- Look at ways in which you can be more active in and around your home.
- Failing that, invest in a skipping rope.
- Look for community-based activity programmes in your local area. These don't have to be fitness classes, just anything that gets you moving.
- Conservation groups can be a great way to get involved in improving your local environment and being active at the same time.