How to keep your relationship aliveTweet
Some consider that romance should just come naturally and if it does not or if the original closeness that existed in a relationship begins to collapse, it means that something is wrong. Nothing is additional from the truth. Keeping love alive needs time, attention and the readiness to keep things fresh and learn how to continually reconnect.
- If you have been married for a while, it's easy to get lost in your busy lifestyles. Sometimes you just need to stop and smell the roses. Keeping you relationship alive, takes a lot of work, you have to have to be impulsive and keep things interesting and adventurous.
How to keep your relationship alive?
Here are some steps that will help us reconnect with our partners and keep the love alive.
Steps1: Give up dead routines: After the initial enthusiasm of being together is over, many fall into a routine and begin taking one another for granted.
- They assume they know what their partner is feeling, that it doesn't’t subject if they come late for a date, don’t look as nice as they used to or make a decision to spend more and more time out with friends. It is crucial to understand that there are many small ways in which we damage relationships. Unless two people feel cared for and valued by one another, it is easy for the feelings of love to fade away.
- Break into routines. Break out of channels. Take time to plan exciting, romantic, delicious times to spend together. Even if it’s now for a little while. Offer time to the relationship that nothing can interrupt. This is a sacred time for the two of you and during it do what makes both of you feel most satisfied.
Steps2: Take charge of how you perceive your partner each day:
- The good feelings between partners are frequently sharp by the way in which they view one another. Do you view him as a hero? somebody you can look up to and respect or are you mostly dwelling upon his/her faults. After a relationship has gone on for a while it is easy to start to view one another as ordinary. This is a sure-fire method for putting out any fire that may exist. Remember, when you first fell in love, you only saw the best about that person and focused on how wonderful they were. If you want to keep the love alive, keep that going deliberately.
Step3: Understanding Hidden Expectations:
- Take a instant to become aware of what you are expecting of your partner. Is it possible for him to fulfill these expectations. Does he need the same thing from the relationship? More frequently than not, it is our unfulfilled expectations, which make us upset. In order to feel close and satisfied in a relationship, a vital step is making sure your expectations can be met. See how your expectations bring into line with the person you are with.
- Also take time to see if anyone can fulfill them? Are these expectations realistic or simply childhood dreams you are still carrying with you?
Step4: Letting Him Fulfill Your Dreams:
- Become aware off which expectations of yours your partner does meet. Now see if you are ready to be satisfied with that. Can you find a way to feel thankful for what you are receiving? Sometimes now deciding that what your partner offers is good sufficient, can permit the love to catch fire once again. Then, let him know that he’s making you happy. Most people have a deep require to know and to hear that they are meaningful to you.
Step5: Re-Choose Your Partner:
- When these steps are taken, you will not only be more connected, but you will be with your partner because there is no other location you need to be. The relationship will not be one of expediency, but one of choice. The actual act of re-choosing our partners, of knowing they are the one’s we want to be with, is the conclusion of the reconnecting and romance we have found.
Sometimes crying or laughing
are the only options left,
and laughing feels better right now.
Self Help Leaflets
Take the help of our self help leaflets or booklets.
The DG Magazine
All about living with depression
Succeed in Relationships
- Four reasons to break up with your girlfriend
- Three reasons to break up with your boyfriend
- Practical advice for marrying into a military family
- 10 ways to build a good relationship
- Ways to boost self-esteem after a break up
- What are the signs of emotional spousal abuse?
- How to forgive your cheating husband
- Why did your husband have an affair?
- Talking about commitment
- How to be a good girlfriend
- How to be a good boyfriend
- How to adjust to moving in together
- Do you need a marital separation?
- 10 bad ideas she'll hate
- Tips on breaking up
- What is emotional infidelity?
- Advice for managing a long distance relationship
- How to improve your self confidence in a relationship
- How to read body language: attraction and flirting
- Life after committing adultery
- How to read female body language
- How, and when, to date your ex-boyfriend
- Romantic gift basket ideas for her
- Dating strategies for the shy
- How to work out differences before you get married
- Making the decision to live together
- Identify and deal with a power struggle
- How to read male body language
- How to meet people in bars and clubs
- How to get invitations to parties
- Dealing with a jealous husband
- How to break up with someone kindly and honestly
- How to apologize creatively
- Should you forgive your spouse for an affair?
- How to make over your man
- How to handle emotions after a spouse's death
- How to deal with an angry ex boyfriend
- Why some people avoid touch and affection
- How to comfort someone after a miscarriage
- Designing the perfect music mix for a road trip with your boyfriend
- How to get along with your neighbors
- Getting over a broken romance
- Dealing with an insecure man
- Personal relationship tips: how to deal with an angry ex husband
- Why do spouses cheat and can cheating be prevented?
- How to look more macho or masculine
- Polyamory and polygamy
- The people you should keep up a relationship with
- How to manage anger toward a loved one
- Making it work
- How to maintain lifelong friendships
- 10 tips for a good relationship
- 5 communication problems to avoid with a spouse
- 5 communication strategies to use with a spouse
- Tips for building a good long term relationship
- Five things never to discuss on a first date
- How to encourage your spouse
- How to confront a friend
- I'm not attracted to my husband
- Improving a loving relationship
- How to get a girlfriend you'll really love
- What to do if you're being abused
- 5 reasons to stay single
- 5 places to find a mate
- 5 ways to meet new people
- 10 hard questions for men to ask before having children
- How to avoid turning other people off
- How to rebuild intimacy after a breakup
- How to confront a friend who you suspect has a drinking problem
- How to cheer up after a breakup: moving on
- Is your spouse or partner cheating?
- How to tell if your husband is cheating
- How to tell if your girlfriend is cheating
- Should you take back a cheating boyfriend?
- Should we live together?
- Infidelity and trust
- Cheating online through internet relationships
- How to keep your relationship alive
- The importance of frequent visits
- How to get your spouse or partner to open up
- 5 simple home feng shui tips for relationships
- Is he too controlling?
- How to tell if your spouse is cheating
- Dating after divorce
- Are you ready to get married?
- How much time is healthy for us to spend together?
- If your differences cause problems
- How to improve the closeness and intimacy of your relationship
- How to have an inexpensive date
- Reminding your husband of your anniversary
- Feng shui tips: encouraging love
- How to learn from a break-up
- Tips for celebrating valentine's day with the one you love
- Tips for meeting a boyfriends mother
- How to make a serious online relationship work
- How to deal with a relationship with a workaholic
- All about the psychology of eye contact and how it relates to attraction
- How to end a relationship
- When to end a relationship
- Relationships and emotional intimacy: how to get closer to someone
- Things not to tell a guy you want to marry
- How to draw out a shy person
- Is online flirting considered cheating?
- Gift ideas for your online relationship
- How to have a healthy argument
- How to rebuild trust in a broken relationship
Long Distance Relationships
- Long distance relationship advice
- Long distance relationship tips
- Making relationships work long distance
- Do long distance relationships work? | Long distance relationships, can they work?
- Keeping in touch with long-distance friends
- Advice on nurturing long term friendships
- How to Choose the Best Romantic Partner?