Business Time ManagementTweet
Whether its business or personal life, men or women, student or professional, father or son, everyone, wants to juggle time so as to acheive the best out of 24 hours we get in a day. Doing business is not easy and needs utmost attention to details and execution. Management needs to effective manage their time and resources to churn out maximum profit out of available resources. Hence we have the need to time and resource management for the businesses. If the business is small or if it is big, no one can deny the importance of effective time management.
Sometimes we, specially the business owners, feels that the 24 hours present in the day are not enough to do things. There is a responsibility of running the business in addition to the personal management, family time management, etc. A little bit of smart planning can sail you through the curves of daily business/life troubles with ease.
Check your options for Business Priorities
One should always check the options available while trying to achieve the required goals. Always proceed with the goals which you think are useful for yourself. Do not change the approach which you are taking in the half way untill and unless you are extremely sure of what you are doing. Always stay organized and keep some time aside at the end of the day to prepare yourself for the next day.
Tips for effective Business Time Management
1. Always take five minutes when you are about to start any call or meeting to decide what is the expected result of the call or meeting.
2. Use a "Do not disturb" board when you have to work on something very important and urgent.
3. Understand what is important and what is urgent. Remember to give maximum priority to the tasks which are important as well as urgent.
4. Do not divert your attention to the mails, phones, messages, when you are working on something.
5. Plan for timeouts and interruptions. Both of these traits will never make you feel bored orloose interest.
6. Stop the habit of multi tasking. It has been shown in lot of research that multi tasking actually reduces the productivity due to time needed in context switching.