Nine Ways to Get Emotionally StrongerTweet
How can you become emotionally stonger is a question which you will seldom place in front of your friends or acquaintances. We always give emphasis to external factors such as physical fitness, acquiring skills to make yourself a stronger leader or executive acumen.
Many top leaders from the corporate world vouch that both the physical and mental core need regular workouts.
1. Ask yourself "Why?" Then find your answer.
There is a quote from Shakespeare which goes like "The meaning of life is to find your gift". Go, find the answer to the Why question in your life and you will never be working - you would only be creating difference. Greater focus on purpose cultivates the strength and motivation to tackle setbacks.
2. Put yourself first. Make your life and well being the first priority. This will make you find the life flow that you can control and maintain.
3. Find ways to calm yourself after any situation. Whatever mechanism of self-soothing or any related techniques you were using in the past, brush them off and restart the process. It is a daily exercise, just the same way you build your physical strength and change your routine based on the focus area you are targeting. Choose anything - either meditating daily, writing journal, or anything else which can recharge you.
4. Hang out with people who love you.
5. Look out for new opportunities - Sometimes a job loss or a financial disaster can change the course of life and many a times, the change brings lot of positive changes rather than negative ones. It makes you strong and resilient and also many times improves your lives as well.
6. Know about your priorities and change them as needed - Turn life-altering circumstances into an opportunity to take a closer look at your life priorities. Make your life inline with the moral values and beliefs you have learned or grown over the years.
7. Know your inner strength - Trust your ability to deal with whatever life brings each day.
8. Take care of yourself - In the middle of tough times, you should sleep, exercise and eat healthy food. You need to be feeling physically strong of you wish to be mentally strong.
9. Be psychologically flexible - You need to adapt to the constantly changing circumstances. Be flexible and this will pay you in long run and you will see the right results even in tough circumstances.
Sometimes crying or laughing
are the only options left,
and laughing feels better right now.
Self Help Leaflets
Take the help of our self help leaflets or booklets.
The DG Magazine
All about living with depression
- Truth about Men and Sex
- Things not to say on Valentine's Day
- Top 10 Gift Ideas for the Depressed
- Role of resilience in mental and emotional health
- Mental health and emotional health
- School Depression
- Situational Depression
- Resistant Depression
- Untreated Depression
- Depression Boosts Risks for Heart Failure Patients
- Chocolate may improve mood?
- Phone Therapy for depression and other disease
- Ketamine and bipolar disorder
- Facebook and teen depression
- Depression increase Kidney Failure
- depression raises Arthritis Pain
- Tai Chi and depression
- Internet, Computers, and Mental Health
- Ritualistic behavior
- Depression myths and facts
- Men and Post Natal Depression
- Anxiety Introduction
- Handle Bereavement
- Everyday life Psychopathology
- Anger Management in Adults
- Lifestyle Advice for Depression
- Tips to control anger
- Laughter and Depression
- Depression affect on thinking
- Alleviating Depression and Anxiety
- General Anxiety vs Anxiety Disorders
- Myths and Facts of Anxiety
- Food for reducing insomnia
- Manage test anxiety
- Therapies for Sleeping Disorders
- Skill for Success and Happiness
- Marriage Stages
- Forget past to Move On
- People Pleaser Facts
- 7 Ways To Cope With Holiday Loneliness
- Christmas and Mental Health
- 7 Ways to Deal With Difficult Family Members this Christmas
- Why New Year Rolutions Fail?
- Mental Health Awareness Calendar
- 5 Tips for Spreading Mental Health Awareness
- Depression And Anxiety in Entrepreneurs
- Definition of Happiness
- Nine Ways to Get Emotionally Stronger