Nine Ways to Get Emotionally StrongerTweet
How can you become emotionally stonger is a question which you will seldom place in front of your friends or acquaintances. We always give emphasis to external factors such as physical fitness, acquiring skills to make yourself a stronger leader or executive acumen.
Many top leaders from the corporate world vouch that both the physical and mental core need regular workouts.
1. Ask yourself "Why?" Then find your answer.
There is a quote from Shakespeare which goes like "The meaning of life is to find your gift". Go, find the answer to the Why question in your life and you will never be working - you would only be creating difference. Greater focus on purpose cultivates the strength and motivation to tackle setbacks.
2. Put yourself first. Make your life and well being the first priority. This will make you find the life flow that you can control and maintain.
3. Find ways to calm yourself after any situation. Whatever mechanism of self-soothing or any related techniques you were using in the past, brush them off and restart the process. It is a daily exercise, just the same way you build your physical strength and change your routine based on the focus area you are targeting. Choose anything - either meditating daily, writing journal, or anything else which can recharge you.
4. Hang out with people who love you.
5. Look out for new opportunities - Sometimes a job loss or a financial disaster can change the course of life and many a times, the change brings lot of positive changes rather than negative ones. It makes you strong and resilient and also many times improves your lives as well.
6. Know about your priorities and change them as needed - Turn life-altering circumstances into an opportunity to take a closer look at your life priorities. Make your life inline with the moral values and beliefs you have learned or grown over the years.
7. Know your inner strength - Trust your ability to deal with whatever life brings each day.
8. Take care of yourself - In the middle of tough times, you should sleep, exercise and eat healthy food. You need to be feeling physically strong of you wish to be mentally strong.
9. Be psychologically flexible - You need to adapt to the constantly changing circumstances. Be flexible and this will pay you in long run and you will see the right results even in tough circumstances.