Easy food choices for reducing InsomniaTweet
Insomnia or sleepless nights has been a major concern for many. We never know that the diet that we eat can help us in getting the right amount of good nights sleep. Your diet which you eat during the course of the day and right before jumping in your bed have a lot of difference to make for good night’s sleep vs. bad. If you make some changes in your diet plan, there can be significant improvement.
A very good example of such food is bananas which contain high levels of tryptophan, which can make you sleepy. There are certain minerals like calcium and magnesium whose deficiency is directly linked to sleep disorders. Apart from that as per scientists, it is better to avoid food till 3 hours before going to sleep. This is because the body go into sleep mode and release the hormone melatonin (sleep inducing hormone) after that.
Good picks for Sleep Loss
1. A bowl of porridge made along with milk.
2. Chopped banana
3. Toast with peanut butter
4. Ht milk glass
Something to avoid while suffering from sleepless nights
1. Do not take Large Meals.
2. Large before-bedtime snack should be avoided. Take no more than 600 calories at least three hours before bed.
3. Avoid Liquids before bedtime. Avoid having water within 90 minutes of going to sleep.
Some food to Consider for Better Sleep
- Tart cherry (also known as sour cherry) juice can create wonders in sleep related problems. Take the juice of cherry every morning, and evening. Cherries are high in melatonin, a compound that makes us sleepy,
- There are some types of fish and other sea creatures which can have sleep-inducing tryptophan. Some of these creatures are shrimp, cod, tuna, and halibut. Always go for the Pacific cod from Alaska or Albacore tuna.
- Warm glass of milk can make you wanting to sleep and go deep into it sooner. The reason is tryptophan.