Why New Year Resolutions Mostly fail? - Ways to ensure we keep themTweet
Mark Twain once said
"May the New Year bring you courage to break your resolutions early! My own plan is to swear off every kind of virtue, so that I triumph even when I fall!”
This says it all. We need to see the common trait across the world where almost everyone have the same experience with new year’s resolutions? All of us set resolutions at beginning of the year, we make an attempt at keeping them but little by little, the new year’s resolutions fall to the side. By spring, our new year’s resolutions are a distant memory. Post that as another new year comes, and we set the same resolutions all over again! Sounds familier isn't it. This is happening to almost all the people across the world.
How can one help to complete the resolutions?
Well, this has been answered by one little girl, 10 years old in an interview in simple words - "Just go easy on yourself and your resolutions. Will you change? Maybe yes, maybe no. But it probably won't happen in one big moment but it'll happen in thousands of little moments."
Why new year resolutions fail?
The new year’s resolutions generally fail because when we make them for us, like when we decide to lose weight, go to the gym daily, save more money, get our house or apartment in great shape or fix our biggest failings — we do not associate it with one essential requirement of underlying ambitious goal. If such goal or driver is present to drive you, you can complete all the resolutions and that too before time.
This New Year, instead of making resolutions think about outcomes till the end of next year and setup a structure and support system so as to make it happen for real.
Sometimes crying or laughing
are the only options left,
and laughing feels better right now.
Self Help Leaflets
Take the help of our self help leaflets or booklets.
The DG Magazine
All about living with depression
- Truth about Men and Sex
- Things not to say on Valentine's Day
- Top 10 Gift Ideas for the Depressed
- Role of resilience in mental and emotional health
- Mental health and emotional health
- School Depression
- Situational Depression
- Resistant Depression
- Untreated Depression
- Depression Boosts Risks for Heart Failure Patients
- Chocolate may improve mood?
- Phone Therapy for depression and other disease
- Ketamine and bipolar disorder
- Facebook and teen depression
- Depression increase Kidney Failure
- depression raises Arthritis Pain
- Tai Chi and depression
- Internet, Computers, and Mental Health
- Ritualistic behavior
- Depression myths and facts
- Men and Post Natal Depression
- Anxiety Introduction
- Handle Bereavement
- Everyday life Psychopathology
- Anger Management in Adults
- Lifestyle Advice for Depression
- Tips to control anger
- Laughter and Depression
- Depression affect on thinking
- Alleviating Depression and Anxiety
- General Anxiety vs Anxiety Disorders
- Myths and Facts of Anxiety
- Food for reducing insomnia
- Manage test anxiety
- Therapies for Sleeping Disorders
- Skill for Success and Happiness
- Marriage Stages
- Forget past to Move On
- People Pleaser Facts
- 7 Ways To Cope With Holiday Loneliness
- Christmas and Mental Health
- 7 Ways to Deal With Difficult Family Members this Christmas
- Why New Year Rolutions Fail?
- Mental Health Awareness Calendar
- 5 Tips for Spreading Mental Health Awareness
- Depression And Anxiety in Entrepreneurs
- Definition of Happiness
- Nine Ways to Get Emotionally Stronger