One hospital in the city had a person aged 26 years suffering from insomnia. He would sleep just for a week and for the next one and a half to two months, he would have difficulty falling asleep. The reason diagnosed for this was more out of anxiety of being jobless, financially strained and being left out in love.
In another hospital, it was reported of a person suffering from Viral meningitis could not sleep due to the effect of medicine (antibiotics) administered on him. Cases have been reported of persons travel who abroad have come back to india complaining of health problems one of them being sleepless nights. They are prescribed sleeping tablets.
In another interesting case a lady 58 years of age has a sleeping disorder. The reason was attributed to her dwarfed 27-year old daughter.
A 65-year old person has been suffering from insomnia and has been taking sleeping tablets for nearly 30 years. He was prescribed sleeping tablets when his son died very young. The dose increased when he underwent his brain surgery few years back. He still continuous to take 4-5 tablets at night.
Aromatherapy for Insomnia Know about various essential oils used in treating Insomnia.
Back to Sleeping Disorder and insomnia.
I have just learnt about the possible cause of this suffering on me and am going to correct the situiation. - Phillip o. juma
Sometimes crying or laughing
are the only options left,
and laughing feels better right now.
Self Help Leaflets
Take the help of our self help leaflets or booklets.
The DG Magazine
All about living with depression
Most Read on Sleep
- ABCs of Good Sleep
- 42 Tips to Get a Better Night
- Too little sleep, Get 45 tips
- 21 tips for Too much sleep
- Sleep at the wrong time of the day?
- 15 Sleep tips for parents with kids
- 60 Easy Snoring Tips
- Nighttime Odd Behaviour during Sleep
- How sleep is related to medical conditions?
- Sleep advice for people on Prescription Medication
- Alternative cure for sleep disorders
- Tempurpedic Mattresses
- Sleeping Disorder type.
- Aromatherapy for Insomnia
- Insomnia Causes
- Sleep Dreams
- Too much sleep?
- Child Sleeping Disorder
- Idiopathic hypersomnia
- Jet lag
- Segmented sleep
- Reset Your Brain for Better Sleep
- SIDS (Safe Sleep)
- Teens and Sleep
- Teeth grinding -Bruxism
- Kids and Sleeping
- Restless Legs Syndrome
- Circadian Rhythm Sleep Disorder
- REM Sleep Behavior Disorder
- Sleep Terrors
- Polyphasic sleep
- Sleep Hygiene
- shift work sleep disorder
- Sleep Diary
- Nightmares in Adults
- Obstructive sleep apnea
- Central Sleep Apnea
- Periodic Limb Movement Disorder
- Upper airway resistance syndrome
- Fatal familial insomnia
- Sleep Paralysis
- Morvan's syndrome
- Neutral spine
- Ultradian rhythm
- Power nap
- Sleep-Related Eating Disorders
- Six Tips to Design the Ideal Bedroom for Sleep