Sleeping Disorder TypeTweet
Sleeping Disorder Types - find various types of sleeping disorder
Sleeping Disorder or Dyssomnias relate to:
- Difficulty in falling asleep
- Difficulty in maintaining sleep
- Excessive Daytime Sleepiness
Sleeping Disorders may arise from causes within the body or from external environment. In today's busy and stressful world sleep is often the ultimate panacea. Without an adequate amount of it, one's health can deteriorate.
Various Sleeping Disorder Types:
Behavioral Sleeping Disorder:
- Sleep onset association disorder - children grow used to certain conditions to fall asleep. The absence of these lead to frequent arousals or prolonged awakenings.
- Adjustment sleeping disorder- inability to fall asleep. May follow stress, anxiety. Gradual extinction by scheduled checks, desensitizing fears and Parental education about the problem.
Sleeping Disorder due to medical conditions such as:
Allergies, asthma, medication, antibiotics, antiepileptics, anti histaminics, etc. Acute illness, excessive nocturnal fluids, family dynamics.
Circadian Rhythm Disorder:
- Transient-jet lag
- Persistent-night owl
- Sleep onset and offset delayed but regular.
- Difficulty in awakening.
Sleep apnea, is a serious, debilitating, and potentially life threatening sleeping disorder. It consists of brief but numerous involuntary breathing pauses during sleep and occurs when air cannot flow into or out of person's nose or mouth, although efforts to breathe continue.
Studies suggest that about half a million children between the ages of two and eight might be affected.
The amount of sleep a person gets also strongly influences the symptoms of mental disorders. Sleep deprivation is an effective therapy for people with certain types of depression, while it can actually cause depression in other people.
Callcentre professionals and others who light the midnight lamp can ensure their quota of sleep by sleeping during the day. If a continuous sleep is not possible, then try for short spurts of two-three hour sleeps.
So, good night and sleep tight. No matter how and when you sleep, do sleep.
Click to know more on causes of various sleeping disorder types.
Sleeing disorder may arise from causes within the body or from extrenal environment. Find out various causes of sleeping disorders such as diet, caffeine, depression, etc.
Sleeping Disorder Types and Dreams:
We Sleep and we dream. So why do we dream? Read about various dreaming phases and their effects on the sleeping cycle of an individual.
Types of Sleeping Disorder: How too much sleep can effect your well being?
Too much of anything can cause it behave abnormally. Sleep is not an exception to this. Find the appropriate sleep time and duration.
Child Sleeping Disorder- Learn to recognize child sleeping disorder type. Sleeping disorder in child is associated with many difficulties.
Aromatherapy for Insomnia Know about various essential oils used in treating Insomnia.
Some interesting stories of sleeping disorder types.
Sometimes crying or laughing
are the only options left,
and laughing feels better right now.
Self Help Leaflets
Take the help of our self help leaflets or booklets.
The DG Magazine
All about living with depression
Most Read on Sleep
- ABCs of Good Sleep
- 42 Tips to Get a Better Night
- Too little sleep, Get 45 tips
- 21 tips for Too much sleep
- Sleep at the wrong time of the day?
- 15 Sleep tips for parents with kids
- 60 Easy Snoring Tips
- Nighttime Odd Behaviour during Sleep
- How sleep is related to medical conditions?
- Sleep advice for people on Prescription Medication
- Alternative cure for sleep disorders
- Tempurpedic Mattresses
- Sleeping Disorder type.
- Aromatherapy for Insomnia
- Insomnia Causes
- Sleep Dreams
- Too much sleep?
- Child Sleeping Disorder
- Idiopathic hypersomnia
- Jet lag
- Segmented sleep
- Reset Your Brain for Better Sleep
- SIDS (Safe Sleep)
- Teens and Sleep
- Teeth grinding -Bruxism
- Kids and Sleeping
- Restless Legs Syndrome
- Circadian Rhythm Sleep Disorder
- REM Sleep Behavior Disorder
- Sleep Terrors
- Polyphasic sleep
- Sleep Hygiene
- shift work sleep disorder
- Sleep Diary
- Nightmares in Adults
- Obstructive sleep apnea
- Central Sleep Apnea
- Periodic Limb Movement Disorder
- Upper airway resistance syndrome
- Fatal familial insomnia
- Sleep Paralysis
- Morvan's syndrome
- Neutral spine
- Ultradian rhythm
- Power nap
- Sleep-Related Eating Disorders
- Six Tips to Design the Ideal Bedroom for Sleep