Kids and Sleeping - Some tips for the Small sleepersTweet
Kids nowadays are so active and constantly busy that they get lesser and lesser time for sleep. The school work, peer pressure, constant performance pressure, playing, computers, mobile phones, media have give them so many distractions that sleep is far from reach even if they lay on bed.
What as a parent can we do to help our kids getting over with sleep deficiency and get them healthy and balanced life? Here are some of the tips which you can use to make the kids perform and sleep both with equal importance.
- Give the kids the option for late afternoon nap. This is kind of great vitalizer for the kids brain which is in development phase. Ask them to sleep between 3 p.m. and 5 p.m., during which there will be minimal peer disturbances or activities. The nap should last only for 30 minutes. This will ensure they are not groggy.
- Choose a school which has the school start time a bit late (maybe after 8:30 or 9:00 AM) so that they do not have to rush to school after late night wakefulness.
- Encourage the kids to take rest and sleep on the weekends. This will complete their sleep backlog from the earlier week.
- If the kid is feeling troubles in sleeping and sound sleep, you can consult to a sleep expert who can suggest ways to overcome sleep issues. A counsellor visit can also help the teens to deal with any stress they are feeling at school, play group or at home.
- Maintain a healthy sleep hygiene which will ensure the teens feel clean and complete in all sense.
Sometimes crying or laughing
are the only options left,
and laughing feels better right now.
Self Help Leaflets
Take the help of our self help leaflets or booklets.
The DG Magazine
All about living with depression
Most Read on Sleep
- ABCs of Good Sleep
- 42 Tips to Get a Better Night
- Too little sleep, Get 45 tips
- 21 tips for Too much sleep
- Sleep at the wrong time of the day?
- 15 Sleep tips for parents with kids
- 60 Easy Snoring Tips
- Nighttime Odd Behaviour during Sleep
- How sleep is related to medical conditions?
- Sleep advice for people on Prescription Medication
- Alternative cure for sleep disorders
- Tempurpedic Mattresses
- Sleeping Disorder type.
- Aromatherapy for Insomnia
- Insomnia Causes
- Sleep Dreams
- Too much sleep?
- Child Sleeping Disorder
- Idiopathic hypersomnia
- Jet lag
- Segmented sleep
- Reset Your Brain for Better Sleep
- SIDS (Safe Sleep)
- Teens and Sleep
- Teeth grinding -Bruxism
- Kids and Sleeping
- Restless Legs Syndrome
- Circadian Rhythm Sleep Disorder
- REM Sleep Behavior Disorder
- Sleep Terrors
- Polyphasic sleep
- Sleep Hygiene
- shift work sleep disorder
- Sleep Diary
- Nightmares in Adults
- Obstructive sleep apnea
- Central Sleep Apnea
- Periodic Limb Movement Disorder
- Upper airway resistance syndrome
- Fatal familial insomnia
- Sleep Paralysis
- Morvan's syndrome
- Neutral spine
- Ultradian rhythm
- Power nap
- Sleep-Related Eating Disorders
- Six Tips to Design the Ideal Bedroom for Sleep