Basilar Artery MigraineTweet
What is Basilar Artery Migraine?
Basilar Artery Migraine is also known as basilar-type migraine, Bickerstaff's Syndrome, Vertebrobasilar Migraine, Vertebrobasilar Syndrome. Basilar Artery Migraine is a Migraine of Basilar Artery which is in the back of your head. It is mainly found in adolescent females .
Causes of Basilar Artery Migraine
- It is sometimes occurs due to hereditary
- It causes diminished blood supply to parts of the brain
Symptoms of Basilar Artery Migraine
- Double vision
- Severe headache
- Face or limb paresthesias
- Jerky eye movements
- Loss of balance
- Partial blindness
- Slurred speech
- Muscle weakness
What are the treatments to cure Basilar Artery Migraine?
- Medicines such as triptans, beta blockers, calcium channel blockers should be given.
- Tri cyclic antidepressants like amitriptylene, nortriptylene may be prescribed to treat Basilar Artery Migraine.
- Depakote-It is an anti-epileptics medicine which is also useful to treat Basilar Artery Migraine.