What is Imitrex migraine?
IMITREX® is an abortive medication used for the treatment of Migraine attacks in adults. IMITREX® is the the new Tripans Migraine drug.It relieve head pain, nausea and other symptoms. IMITREX® is having the form of medicine and injection. Using IMITREX Injection the of most people get relief within 1 hour.
Directions to take medicine
The usual dose is 1 injection. For patients prescribed a 4-mg or 6-mg dose. 25mg, 50mg, 100mg tablets, 5mg and 20mg nasal spray for adults, 10mg nasal spray for ages 11-17 (available in the UK at this time), StatDOSE Pen injector,
Side effects of Imitrex migraine
The side effects are drowsiness, tingling and nasal discomfort. The most common side effects are soreness and redness in the area where it was injected, unusual sensations, dizziness, flushing.
- Do not use more than 2 injections in 24 hours.
- Uncontrolled hypertension
- Basilar or hemiplegic Migraines
- Do not take Imitrex who having heart disease.
- Imitrex is used for the acute treatment of migraine attacks in adults.