What is Migraine attack?
More than 13 percent of the adult population are suffer from migraine. Migraine is roughly twice as common among Swedish women as Swedish men.. A majority of persons are affected negative impact on the highest ranking factors in life, such as family life and the ability to perform their work and enjoy meaningful leisure time. Internal or external precipitating (trigger) factors are implicated in 30- 40% of attacks.
The four phases of a Migraine are:
Causes of Migraine attack
- Intensive pulsing headache
- Hypersensitivity to light and sound
- Dietary factors such as lack of food, irregular meals
- Emotional triggers such as anxiety, depression
- Harmonal factors
- Whether change
- High blood pressure
Symptoms of Migraine attack
- Food cravings
- Constipation or diarrhea
- Mood changes - depression, irritability, etc.
- Muscle stiffness, especially in the neck
- Increased frequency of urination
Treatment for Migraine attack
- To encourage migraine sufferers to continue with their care.
- Anaprox Oral- Naproxen is used to relieve pain and swelling from various conditions.
- Sumatriptan and related selective serotonin receptor agonists are the therapy used for chronic migraine attacks.
- Imitrex injection- Sumatriptan is used to treat migraines and cluster headaches.
- MIDRIN Oral- This combination medication is used to relieve tension and migraine headaches.
- Ergot drugs can be used either as a preventive or abortive therapy.
- The successful treatment of the migraineur's acute attack.
- Orudis Oral- Ketoprofen is used to reduce pain, swelling, and joint stiffness from arthritis.