Eye (Retinal Migraine ) migraineTweet
What is Eye/Retinal migraine?
Eye migraine preceded by visual or other neurological symptoms. One eye migraine is called occular migraine. The visual disturbances that occur during an aura which occur in one eye. Visual Migraine is a condition of temporary visual disturbance caused by vascular spasm in the brain, without the headache.It affects more than 28 million Americans. the three times as many women as men. Family history is positive for migraine in about 80% of patients.
Causes of Eye/Retinal migraine
- Harmonal changes
- Foods including aged cheese, monosodium glutamate
- Change in sleep pattern
Symptoms of Eye/Retinal migraine
- Nausea, vomiting
- Extreme sensitivity to light and sound
- Muscles weakness, dizziness
- Stroke, heart attack
- See zigzags in front of your eyes.
Treatment of Eye/Retinal migraine
- Aspirin and nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs may be effective.
- Imitrex is available in oral and nasal formulations.
- Metoclopramide helps to relieve nausea and vomiting.
- Avoiding triggers such as healthy lifestyle, relaxation techniques, and support groups may all play a role in migraine management.
- Rest in a quiet, dark room until you start to feel better.