Child Migraine (migraine headache in child)Tweet
Migraine in Child:
A migraine is normally a severe pounding headache with nausea that occurs from time to time. It affects the children who are between the age of 7-15 years. Children have intense headache especially around the eyes, in the temples, in the front of the head and more common in girls than boys. May children may experience vision changes during headache.A child looks pale withdark circles appears under the eye.
Causes of Child Migraine
- Dehydration: Children should be encouraged to drink plenty of fluids, including at least 1 litre daily of water.
- Smelling strong odors such as perfume, smoke, fumes.
- Can be cauesd by changes in the level of serotonin in the body.
- It may occurs due to Missed or inadequate meals.
- Volatile weather, such as storm fronts or changes in barometric pressure, causes migraines in some people.
- Changes in the hormonal levels.
Symtoms of Child Migraine
- Sensitivity to light and sound
- Change of temperament
- Loss of appetite
- Paleness of the skin
What are the treatments?
Remember, when it comes to headache treatment, the keywords are patience and consistence.
- Over-the-counter (OTC) NSAIDs like Paracetamol, ibuprofen, Aleve are also effective in some cases.
- Anti-nausea drug (antiemetics), a sedative or an abortive drug such as Midrin.
- Sleep is the most powerful and best antimigraine treatment.
- In some children, vomiting will resolve the attack.
- The best preventative treatment is the removal of the anxieties or pressures that the child is feeling.
- If the attack is severe, medication may need to be given by injection
- Eat regularly and do not skip meals.
- Self-relaxation is useful in many childrens.
- Biofeedback is the alternative method which is used very often now a days.
- Self-hypnosis has also been shown to help when headaches are bad.
- Abortive therapy-It includes the drugs auch as sumatriptan succinate, almotriptan, Dihydroergotamine mesylate. It help to narrow expanded blood vessels and stop the headache process.
Sometimes crying or laughing
are the only options left,
and laughing feels better right now.
Self Help Leaflets
Take the help of our self help leaflets or booklets.
The DG Magazine
All about living with depression
Migraine headache symptom
Migraine headache treatment
Cause of Migraine headache
Migraine pressure point
Migraine home remedy
Migraine and pregnancy
Migraine headache relief
Basilar artery migraine
Migraine headache medication
Natural Migraine relief
Natural remedy for migraine
Cure for Migraine headache
Migraine headache remedy
Natural cure for migraine
Natural Migraine treatment
Herbal migrane remedy
How to get rid of a migraine