Ocular/Ophthalmic migraine ( ocular migraine causes & symptoms)Tweet
What is Ocular (Ophthalmic) migraine?
Ocular migraine is also known as acephalgic migraine, opthalmoplegic migraine. Occular migraine is a migraine that have pain around the eye. Occular migraine is caused by involvement of the blood vessels of your head. The 15% of population is occur occular migraine. It is mostly seen in young adults. The visual disturbance lasts 15 – 20 minutes and then disappears. Occular migraine is mainly seen in women than in men.
Causes of Ocular (Ophthalmic) migraine
- Change in weather
- Certain foods
- Intense headache
- Exposure to sunlight
Symptoms of Ocular (Ophthalmic) migraine
- Interfere with daily activities
- Sensitivity of light and sound
- Loss of vision in one spot.
- Visual disturbances of aura without headache
Treatment for Ocular (Ophthalmic) migraine
- A combination of ergotamine tartrate and caffeine is necessary to treat the occular migraine.
- Eliminate smoking- Smoking among other things produces cyanide, a retinal toxin.
- Sumatriptan is a very effective agent is given by autoinjection device.
- Medications include aspirin, propranolol for the occular migraine.
- Stress relief, control of blood pressure, or medication to maintain appropriate hormonal levels may be necessary.
- Occular migraine may treat by adjusting the diet and reducing stress.
- Vitamins, Supplements, Herbs & Other Nutritional Products are used to treat the occular migraine.
Sometimes crying or laughing
are the only options left,
and laughing feels better right now.
Self Help Leaflets
Take the help of our self help leaflets or booklets.
The DG Magazine
All about living with depression
Migraine headache symptom
Migraine headache treatment
Cause of Migraine headache
Migraine pressure point
Migraine home remedy
Migraine and pregnancy
Migraine headache relief
Basilar artery migraine
Migraine headache medication
Natural Migraine relief
Natural remedy for migraine
Cure for Migraine headache
Migraine headache remedy
Natural cure for migraine
Natural Migraine treatment
Herbal migrane remedy
How to get rid of a migraine