A concerned MotherTweet
A concerned Mother - By Mariafelix Trevino
I am very worried about my son of 33 years. I come from a cultural that this type of thing did not happen to us.
Well a while back just before my son was going to graduate from high school, he started to act different. He did not want to go to school as soon as I dropped him off he would be calling to pick him up. I thought it was because he was lazy. He finally finished school. Well, as the days went on he started staying in his room in the dark and didn't want to do anything. I called the police once but they couldn't do anything.
My mother said that he was witch craft and needed to see a curandera (healer) so I took him to her, but it didn't help. I had tried all sorts of things but thing.
Now my son is 33 years old he has been fairly well up until now. My mother died of cancer and I am now a recovering cancer
patient. My son started getting real bad and I think that the cancer we had got to him.
Today, my son thinks he is dying of cancer. He is always in his room in the dark, we knock on the door to feed him or he will not come out. His hair is getting long, doesn't shave and doesn't care how he looks. He often says he is going to die of liver cancer in a month. He says that the doctors a lying to him that there is nothing wrong with him. I have taken him to several doctors and they all say that his blood test are normal. He is convinced that they are lying to him because they don't want him to know that he is dying.
I am hispanic and in my cultural or my family anyone with this disorder is crazy. I learned that it is an illness and that I wished I would have done something for him a long time ago. I hope it is not to late.
I have taken him to the Mental institute to evaluated. He was given medication but he does not want to take it. I put it in his food thats the only way I know he has taken it. It is hard to take him to keep his appointments but I will keep trying.
God help all of you that have to go through this hard times. I how that god is looking down at us and in a way that we don't know he tells us what to do.
God Bless and take care.
A concerned Mother
Posted by Mariafelix : June 21, 2005
Come and share your personal depression experiences so that others will also learn from your personal experiences with depression.
Send us your story about depression
Thank you for your sharing.
Sometimes crying or laughing
are the only options left,
and laughing feels better right now.
Self Help Leaflets
Take the help of our self help leaflets or booklets.
The DG Magazine
All about living with depression
More Depression Stories
- 2nd Birth
- Slow Dance
- Traumatized by my husband
- My long road to recovery
- My Lifes Proper Bangers Mate
- I get no relief
- Love hurts
- Wanting to give Giving up
- I know How you Feel
- Depression how it can affect u
- whys this me against the world
- My Hidden Secrets
- This pain
- How Schutzhund Saved Me
- Depression Confession - A Father's Determination
- Depth of Depression, My Story
- So YOU think YOU have it bad eh ????
- Story of my life
- The Room and the Return
- MY Life
- Depression gets the best of us
- Improving Self Esteem - I am a Loser effect
- I don't care anymore
- Living in a moment
- I have no friends - what to do?
- These Things Have Saved Me
- heart break box
- A Concerned Mother
- Come as you are.
- 14 year old girl with deppression
- Becca Mild Depression
- Jayne (We can get rid of it)
- Guy (The apple doesn't fall far from the tree )
- Karen (Systemic Lupus Erythematosis - The Will to Survive )
- Claire (Beat depression dont let it beat you )
- majordepressedguy (Seen a light)
- Dylan ( My Depression)
- april banlawi
- i\'m i depressed??
- wounds of my heart
- depression for years
- i dont know am 17
- I have no more guts to face my parents
- Nice guy syndrome
- My story
- depression hurts
- Nobody cares and why should they
- The Slacker Perfectionist
- To Finally Drop My Fake Smile
- People i walk with
- one girl, one depression, one not understanding world
- What Hurts the Most
- Tired of everything
- hate of life
- Life-Long Despair
- How does depression affect your daily life?
- My Depressed Life
- The Secret Life Of Depression and Anxiety