Posted by Ashley : Mar 1, 2011
When I was in yr 5 at primary school I started getting teased a lot. It made me feel down and scared. I always felt like that but always brushed it off like it didn't matter. When I got to yr 6 I started going to the school counsellor about my bullying. She told me some pretty pointless things about how to ignore people. By the end of yr 6 my friends and I started having more fights about games we played and it made me cry every time I got home. In yr 7 I was told i'm moving states and became sad that I was leaving my home town. My friends threw me a goodbye party before I left. When I moved I started going to a new school where people were pretty nasty to me but some people were nice. I just loved being home and staying in my room, being on facebook. I did that everyday. Yr 8 I moved schools and became friends with a lot of people. We had the biggest fight and it resulted in me cutting my wrists for the first time. My mum found out and told me to stop wanting attention and to grow up. So I stopped. A year later in yr 9 My friends and I had another fight resulting in me being kicked out of the group. I started sitting by myself and not talking to anyone. I had started cutting again with scissors. My ex friends found out and told the school nurse. She took away my scissors, so I found another pair. She took them away to and told me to see the counselor. She gave me a rubber band and told me if I felt like cutting I would fling it against my wrist. That didn't work. So when I visited my aunt, who was a nurse, I stole a surgical knife from her first aid kit and started cutting with that. My best friend from where I used to live found out and got really sad. But I kept doing it. I even tried to commit suicide twice. When she went away to america for 2 weeks I stopped. But I saw another counselor about it who got m to write poetry. I couldnt stop, it was keeping me occupied. When I moved back to my old town, I felt so happy. I couldn't wait to see my best friend again and go to the same school as her. I officially stopped cutting but i was left with the scars. In yr 10 I started liking a guy. One day I saw him and he had cuts up his arms and I just felt so bad and was depressed for the whole day. Me and him are good friends. But my story is me. I still have depression and have for years. I just dont know how to get rid of it, or tell my mum so she can help me.
Posted by Ashley : Mar 1, 2011
Come and share your personal depression experiences so that others will also learn from your personal experiences with depression.
Send us your story about depression
Thank you for your sharing.
Sometimes crying or laughing
are the only options left,
and laughing feels better right now.
Self Help Leaflets
Take the help of our self help leaflets or booklets.
The DG Magazine
All about living with depression
More Depression Stories
- Wendy Williams story
- 2nd Birth
- Slow Dance
- Traumatized by my husband
- My long road to recovery
- My Lifes Proper Bangers Mate
- I get no relief
- Love hurts
- Wanting to give Giving up
- I know How you Feel
- Depression how it can affect u
- whys this me against the world
- My Hidden Secrets
- This pain
- How Schutzhund Saved Me
- Depression Confession - A Father's Determination
- Depth of Depression, My Story
- So YOU think YOU have it bad eh ????
- Story of my life
- The Room and the Return
- MY Life
- Depression gets the best of us
- Improving Self Esteem - I am a Loser effect
- I don't care anymore
- Living in a moment
- I have no friends - what to do?
- These Things Have Saved Me
- heart break box
- A Concerned Mother
- Come as you are.
- 14 year old girl with deppression
- Becca Mild Depression
- Jayne (We can get rid of it)
- Guy (The apple doesn't fall far from the tree )
- Karen (Systemic Lupus Erythematosis - The Will to Survive )
- Claire (Beat depression dont let it beat you )
- majordepressedguy (Seen a light)
- Dylan ( My Depression)
- april banlawi
- i\'m i depressed??
- wounds of my heart
- depression for years
- i dont know am 17
- I have no more guts to face my parents
- Nice guy syndrome
- My story
- depression hurts
- Nobody cares and why should they
- The Slacker Perfectionist
- To Finally Drop My Fake Smile
- People i walk with
- one girl, one depression, one not understanding world
- What Hurts the Most
- Tired of everything
- hate of life
- Life-Long Despair
- How does depression affect your daily life?
- My Depressed Life
- The Secret Life Of Depression and Anxiety
- My Story of Schizophrenia in Family