Boyfriend broke up during a slow danceTweet
Posted by Alexis : Jan 8, 2011
I was 13 and my boyfriend broke up with me during a slow dance. I know what you are thinking, I wasn't in love with him or whatever, I heard that a lot. At the time though, it really felt like I did love him. For nine months after that, I was depressed. I didn't do homework, I couldn't sleep right, I was always tired, and never felt like doing anything. I cut myself too, and couldn't stop. My parents also recently got divorced, we moved to another state, my mom was with a woman, and she drank a lot. I hated feeling trapped, and I tried everything to get out of it. I failed three classes that year. I didn't tell anyone really what was wrong. Thankfully, though, I had my friends who cheered me up. In march of that year, that guy asked me out again, and I said yes. That whole time, I was always worried he would do it again. He wasn't very nice to begin with. He hit me once and tried feeling me up. I finally was convinced to go talk to the guidance counselor, which made me feel much better. I was told that he was emotionally abusive. After a month, I was sick of being paranoid, so I broke up with him.
During this time, I actually thought about suicide. I never thought that I would actually go through with doing it, but I did think about it. I told a good friend of mine this, and he told me that many people really care about me, including him. A week or so later, that friend, who is a really great guy, asked me out. I'm still with him now, nearly two years later. We have a really great relationship, and he is my best friend. We don't fight, he treats me really well, and he genuinely cares about me and my whole family really. I love him, and I know he loves me. But for a while, I couldn't get over the other guy. I stopped cutting myself, it was really difficult to do so, but worth it. I started drinking though, which isn't much better. I made bad decisions and cheated on my boyfriend. I felt depressed again because I was so angry and disappointed in myself.
After that, I realized that I needed to make changes to my life, and I stopped drinking. I told my boyfriend what I did, and thankfully, he forgave me. Now, I'm much better. I do really well in school now; I'm in the top of my class. I'm a lot happier now, and I learned a lot from that year, and I'm much stronger. So, if you are reading this and you feel trapped, and like there is no way out, I promise you, there is a light at the end of the tunnel. You just need to hold on, and be strong. Everything will work out.
Posted by Alexis : Jan 8, 2011
Come and share your personal depression experiences so that others will also learn from your personal experiences with depression.
Send us your story about depression
Thank you for your sharing.
Sometimes crying or laughing
are the only options left,
and laughing feels better right now.
Self Help Leaflets
Take the help of our self help leaflets or booklets.
The DG Magazine
All about living with depression
More Depression Stories
- Wendy Williams story
- 2nd Birth
- Slow Dance
- Traumatized by my husband
- My long road to recovery
- My Lifes Proper Bangers Mate
- I get no relief
- Love hurts
- Wanting to give Giving up
- I know How you Feel
- Depression how it can affect u
- whys this me against the world
- My Hidden Secrets
- This pain
- How Schutzhund Saved Me
- Depression Confession - A Father's Determination
- Depth of Depression, My Story
- So YOU think YOU have it bad eh ????
- Story of my life
- The Room and the Return
- MY Life
- Depression gets the best of us
- Improving Self Esteem - I am a Loser effect
- I don't care anymore
- Living in a moment
- I have no friends - what to do?
- These Things Have Saved Me
- heart break box
- A Concerned Mother
- Come as you are.
- 14 year old girl with deppression
- Becca Mild Depression
- Jayne (We can get rid of it)
- Guy (The apple doesn't fall far from the tree )
- Karen (Systemic Lupus Erythematosis - The Will to Survive )
- Claire (Beat depression dont let it beat you )
- majordepressedguy (Seen a light)
- Dylan ( My Depression)
- april banlawi
- i\'m i depressed??
- wounds of my heart
- depression for years
- i dont know am 17
- I have no more guts to face my parents
- Nice guy syndrome
- My story
- depression hurts
- Nobody cares and why should they
- The Slacker Perfectionist
- To Finally Drop My Fake Smile
- People i walk with
- one girl, one depression, one not understanding world
- What Hurts the Most
- Tired of everything
- hate of life
- Life-Long Despair
- How does depression affect your daily life?
- My Depressed Life
- The Secret Life Of Depression and Anxiety
- My Story of Schizophrenia in Family