How to Get Rid of Manic BipolarTweet
18 Years Old
I am 18 years old and about 7 months ago I found out that I was Bipolar. I was Manic when I was admitted into to the hospital for the first time for 3 weeks. When I was manic depressed I was very sucicidal and depressed all the time, and I cut my wrists several times, and I think the hardest part about my illness was not knowing what was wrong with me. But now I know and its a bit easier but I was admitted into the hospital in November of 2004 for depression and I was in there for 2 months. I am currently in grade 12 and I am very smart, and , missing my last year of school and not being with my friends was very hard, and knowning that I am not going to graduate when I have the potential to be a 80% average student is tuff. Well while I was in the hospital from November 2004 to January 2005 my Grandma died which was even harder on me. It was hard to grieve while I was in the hospital but things got better once I got out. I went back to school, started excercising, and doing stuff with friends. But recently in the last month of March I have gone into another Low phase (depression phase, and I am starting to have suicidal thoughts again. So my docter decided to put me on an anti-depressent for three weeks and he said if it doesnt work I will go back in to the hospital and this time try etc (electric shock therapy). Well my three weeks is up and the ant- depressent has worked a little but not to the extent that I wanted it work and im still unhappy but if I go back into the hospital I miss my last two months of school. And I will not pass anything, I will have to quit my job, and I may not be able to go to Scotland like I was planning to.
Posted by Ashley : April 11, 2005
Come and share your personal depression experiences so that others will also learn from your personal experiences with depression.
Send us your story about depression
Thank you for your sharing.
Sometimes crying or laughing
are the only options left,
and laughing feels better right now.
Self Help Leaflets
Take the help of our self help leaflets or booklets.
The DG Magazine
All about living with depression
More Depression Stories
- 2nd Birth
- Slow Dance
- Traumatized by my husband
- My long road to recovery
- My Lifes Proper Bangers Mate
- I get no relief
- Love hurts
- Wanting to give Giving up
- I know How you Feel
- Depression how it can affect u
- whys this me against the world
- My Hidden Secrets
- This pain
- How Schutzhund Saved Me
- Depression Confession - A Father's Determination
- Depth of Depression, My Story
- So YOU think YOU have it bad eh ????
- Story of my life
- The Room and the Return
- MY Life
- Depression gets the best of us
- Improving Self Esteem - I am a Loser effect
- I don't care anymore
- Living in a moment
- I have no friends - what to do?
- These Things Have Saved Me
- heart break box
- A Concerned Mother
- Come as you are.
- 14 year old girl with deppression
- Becca Mild Depression
- Jayne (We can get rid of it)
- Guy (The apple doesn't fall far from the tree )
- Karen (Systemic Lupus Erythematosis - The Will to Survive )
- Claire (Beat depression dont let it beat you )
- majordepressedguy (Seen a light)
- Dylan ( My Depression)
- april banlawi
- i\'m i depressed??
- wounds of my heart
- depression for years
- i dont know am 17
- I have no more guts to face my parents
- Nice guy syndrome
- My story
- depression hurts
- Nobody cares and why should they
- The Slacker Perfectionist
- To Finally Drop My Fake Smile
- People i walk with
- one girl, one depression, one not understanding world
- What Hurts the Most
- Tired of everything
- hate of life
- Life-Long Despair
- How does depression affect your daily life?
- My Depressed Life
- The Secret Life Of Depression and Anxiety