Beat depression - don't let it beat youTweet
Beat depression don't let it beat you
Well I have a few bouts of depression and have recently encountered the worst bout yet. This was brought on due to the sadness of losing my dad and the euphoria of being reunited with my mum after over 30 years. Prior to all that I broke my ankle which caused the onset of depression. As if that's not enough I also have anxiety problems.
I have never taken any medication from the doctor as I don't believe in anti-depressants, so I take herbal remedies which take a long time to set in but they help. May I also suggest the rescue remedy range. At the end of the day i believe that depression is a state of mind. You and you alone are in charge of your residence that I call the mind. Only you can evict what don't belong there. I know its easy for me to say but if you tell yourself often enough you will feel the benefits.
Positive thoughts and people are important to have around you, and remember its good to talk. I recently completed a stress management course through my G.P practice and I was amazed at how comforting it was to be amongst others who have the same issues. God does not give us more than we can bear so it's pointless asking why. I hope this was of some interest to some of you out there.
Stay strong and focused and don't feel ashamed to talk about depression to anybody its high time it wasn't such a misunderstood illness. Take good care out there.
Posted by claire : Jan 18, 2006
Come and share your personal depression experiences so that others will also learn from your personal experiences with depression.
Send us your story about depression
Thank you for your sharing.
Sometimes crying or laughing
are the only options left,
and laughing feels better right now.
Self Help Leaflets
Take the help of our self help leaflets or booklets.
The DG Magazine
All about living with depression
More Depression Stories
- Wendy Williams story
- 2nd Birth
- Slow Dance
- Traumatized by my husband
- My long road to recovery
- My Lifes Proper Bangers Mate
- I get no relief
- Love hurts
- Wanting to give Giving up
- I know How you Feel
- Depression how it can affect u
- whys this me against the world
- My Hidden Secrets
- This pain
- How Schutzhund Saved Me
- Depression Confession - A Father's Determination
- Depth of Depression, My Story
- So YOU think YOU have it bad eh ????
- Story of my life
- The Room and the Return
- MY Life
- Depression gets the best of us
- Improving Self Esteem - I am a Loser effect
- I don't care anymore
- Living in a moment
- I have no friends - what to do?
- These Things Have Saved Me
- heart break box
- A Concerned Mother
- Come as you are.
- 14 year old girl with deppression
- Becca Mild Depression
- Jayne (We can get rid of it)
- Guy (The apple doesn't fall far from the tree )
- Karen (Systemic Lupus Erythematosis - The Will to Survive )
- Claire (Beat depression dont let it beat you )
- majordepressedguy (Seen a light)
- Dylan ( My Depression)
- april banlawi
- i\'m i depressed??
- wounds of my heart
- depression for years
- i dont know am 17
- I have no more guts to face my parents
- Nice guy syndrome
- My story
- depression hurts
- Nobody cares and why should they
- The Slacker Perfectionist
- To Finally Drop My Fake Smile
- People i walk with
- one girl, one depression, one not understanding world
- What Hurts the Most
- Tired of everything
- hate of life
- Life-Long Despair
- How does depression affect your daily life?
- My Depressed Life
- The Secret Life Of Depression and Anxiety
- My Story of Schizophrenia in Family