How to Get Rid of Depression disorderTweet
36 Years Old
I am 36 years old, and I have just come to the realization that I have a depression disorder. I think I've had it all my life, but I have been battling it without realizing it. My life has been a constant roller coaster of ups and downs, more extreme than average.
Now, I'm tired, and wearing down from the weight of suppressing so much. I am the person who everyone else turns to in times of crisis, and I don't ever remember a time when I couldn't solve problems, mine included, until now. I'm overwhelmed by the feelings I have, of unexplained sadness, and I find myself crying often, uncontrollably. This is not like me. I have researched depression, and have found that I have a classic case of it. I am having a hard time accepting that this could happen to me. I know that there is treatment out there, but it frightens me. I want people to know that even the strongest, most in control personalities out there can be hit by this debilitating affliction.
It creeps up on you, over a long period of time, until you have to aknowledge that something is definitely very wrong. Get help. Talk to someone. I've held mine inside, thinking I could handle it all on my own, until now, and I know I can't do it alone anymore, after all. If this helps anyone, I'm glad. Be well.
Posted by Theresa: May 8, 2005
Come and share your personal depression experiences so that others will also learn from your personal experiences with depression.
Send us your story about depression
Thank you for your sharing.
Sometimes crying or laughing
are the only options left,
and laughing feels better right now.
Self Help Leaflets
Take the help of our self help leaflets or booklets.
The DG Magazine
All about living with depression
More Depression Stories
- 2nd Birth
- Slow Dance
- Traumatized by my husband
- My long road to recovery
- My Lifes Proper Bangers Mate
- I get no relief
- Love hurts
- Wanting to give Giving up
- I know How you Feel
- Depression how it can affect u
- whys this me against the world
- My Hidden Secrets
- This pain
- How Schutzhund Saved Me
- Depression Confession - A Father's Determination
- Depth of Depression, My Story
- So YOU think YOU have it bad eh ????
- Story of my life
- The Room and the Return
- MY Life
- Depression gets the best of us
- Improving Self Esteem - I am a Loser effect
- I don't care anymore
- Living in a moment
- I have no friends - what to do?
- These Things Have Saved Me
- heart break box
- A Concerned Mother
- Come as you are.
- 14 year old girl with deppression
- Becca Mild Depression
- Jayne (We can get rid of it)
- Guy (The apple doesn't fall far from the tree )
- Karen (Systemic Lupus Erythematosis - The Will to Survive )
- Claire (Beat depression dont let it beat you )
- majordepressedguy (Seen a light)
- Dylan ( My Depression)
- april banlawi
- i\'m i depressed??
- wounds of my heart
- depression for years
- i dont know am 17
- I have no more guts to face my parents
- Nice guy syndrome
- My story
- depression hurts
- Nobody cares and why should they
- The Slacker Perfectionist
- To Finally Drop My Fake Smile
- People i walk with
- one girl, one depression, one not understanding world
- What Hurts the Most
- Tired of everything
- hate of life
- Life-Long Despair
- How does depression affect your daily life?
- My Depressed Life
- The Secret Life Of Depression and Anxiety