How to stay positive?Tweet
How to stay positive?
40 Years Old
I had depression and it took me just a few weeks to have it go away. The following is what i did to make it go away.
- I followed the same routine everyday
- I took one hour to relax and read about the diffeent treatments on depressionon on the web.
- I took a lot of time for myself to relax and think about nothing. I relaxed my mind.
- I did not pressure myself to do anything major for at least 3 weeks.
- I excercised daily by walking on the treadmill, the same time everyday.
- I took time to nurture myself and stated this time is for me, i deserve it and i need this time to heal.
- I ate a diet with lots of vegetables and took vitamins especially folic acid. People who are depressed sometimes lack folic acid.
- I went to bed by 10 pm and got a good night sleep.
- I had a support person i could talk to when i needed about how i was feeling.
In 3 weeks my depression went away and it hasen't been back since.
I hope my information has been helpful. Remember to take good care of yourself and follow a routine and nurture needs your needs first. Also visit a dr if you feel you could use medicine or therapy.
Posted by DEBBIE : July 28, 2005
i had an experiance about postpartum syndrome it was hard experiance in my life,
its like i have matally ill,i am very hopeless at that time. im thinking full of negatism,and i was afriad that came from my toughts that i would want to kill my baby,i feel nervous
im chilling , i cried a lot ,i ask god why & what happening to me. ireally dont understand, with feeling and my toughts.
i was so helpless.i prayed a lot,
i talke to my love ones all my feeling. thats the time i recieve jesus christ as my Lord & saviour,i have been survive ,
gradually the postum was gone.
it was very experianced ,
i have 3 children ,once i gave birth to all my kids ive experiance that the postpartum syndrome.
thank god i will recover all the hardship. & all my children are grown up.
Posted by april banlawi : July 19, 2005
Come and share your personal depression experiences so that others will also learn from your personal experiences with depression.
Send us your story about depression
Thank you for your sharing.