How to stay positive?Tweet
How to stay positive?
40 Years Old
I had depression and it took me just a few weeks to have it go away. The following is what i did to make it go away.
- I followed the same routine everyday
- I took one hour to relax and read about the diffeent treatments on depressionon on the web.
- I took a lot of time for myself to relax and think about nothing. I relaxed my mind.
- I did not pressure myself to do anything major for at least 3 weeks.
- I excercised daily by walking on the treadmill, the same time everyday.
- I took time to nurture myself and stated this time is for me, i deserve it and i need this time to heal.
- I ate a diet with lots of vegetables and took vitamins especially folic acid. People who are depressed sometimes lack folic acid.
- I went to bed by 10 pm and got a good night sleep.
- I had a support person i could talk to when i needed about how i was feeling.
In 3 weeks my depression went away and it hasen't been back since.
I hope my information has been helpful. Remember to take good care of yourself and follow a routine and nurture needs your needs first. Also visit a dr if you feel you could use medicine or therapy.
Posted by DEBBIE : July 28, 2005
By april banlawi
38 Years Old
i had an experiance about postpartum syndrome it was hard experiance in my life,
its like i have matally ill,i am very hopeless at that time. im thinking full of negatism,and i was afriad that came from my toughts that i would want to kill my baby,i feel nervous
im chilling , i cried a lot ,i ask god why & what happening to me. ireally dont understand, with feeling and my toughts.
i was so helpless.i prayed a lot,
i talke to my love ones all my feeling. thats the time i recieve jesus christ as my Lord & saviour,i have been survive ,
gradually the postum was gone.
it was very experianced ,
i have 3 children ,once i gave birth to all my kids ive experiance that the postpartum syndrome.
thank god i will recover all the hardship. & all my children are grown up.
Posted by april banlawi : July 19, 2005
Come and share your personal depression experiences so that others will also learn from your personal experiences with depression.
Send us your story about depression
Thank you for your sharing.
Sometimes crying or laughing
are the only options left,
and laughing feels better right now.
Self Help Leaflets
Take the help of our self help leaflets or booklets.
The DG Magazine
All about living with depression
More Depression Stories
- 2nd Birth
- Slow Dance
- Traumatized by my husband
- My long road to recovery
- My Lifes Proper Bangers Mate
- I get no relief
- Love hurts
- Wanting to give Giving up
- I know How you Feel
- Depression how it can affect u
- whys this me against the world
- My Hidden Secrets
- This pain
- How Schutzhund Saved Me
- Depression Confession - A Father's Determination
- Depth of Depression, My Story
- So YOU think YOU have it bad eh ????
- Story of my life
- The Room and the Return
- MY Life
- Depression gets the best of us
- Improving Self Esteem - I am a Loser effect
- I don't care anymore
- Living in a moment
- I have no friends - what to do?
- These Things Have Saved Me
- heart break box
- A Concerned Mother
- Come as you are.
- 14 year old girl with deppression
- Becca Mild Depression
- Jayne (We can get rid of it)
- Guy (The apple doesn't fall far from the tree )
- Karen (Systemic Lupus Erythematosis - The Will to Survive )
- Claire (Beat depression dont let it beat you )
- majordepressedguy (Seen a light)
- Dylan ( My Depression)
- april banlawi
- i\'m i depressed??
- wounds of my heart
- depression for years
- i dont know am 17
- I have no more guts to face my parents
- Nice guy syndrome
- My story
- depression hurts
- Nobody cares and why should they
- The Slacker Perfectionist
- To Finally Drop My Fake Smile
- People i walk with
- one girl, one depression, one not understanding world
- What Hurts the Most
- Tired of everything
- hate of life
- Life-Long Despair
- How does depression affect your daily life?
- My Depressed Life
- The Secret Life Of Depression and Anxiety