Nice guy syndromeTweet
Posted by Richard Ferdinand : 12/3/11
I've been suffering depression since i was around 17. I was diagnosed with Tourettes syndrome when i was 13! and i was the subject of bullying and ridicule from the other kids at school. So bad it became i was allocated a place in a special needs school. This was not the place for me! i was among pupils who had severe learning difficulties, i didn't have any. But because of my syndrome, i wasn't allowed main stream school. This over time made my confidence and self esteem drop to a low level. My father wasn't a very supportive person, my mum was the only one that supported me through the bad spells of vocal tics. My dad would say cruel things like, I really wished i had son who didn't grunt and twitch like a moron! Whilst being at special school i lost all contact and with friends at my old school who were now getting on with their lives, i was becoming a virtual prisoner in my own home after coming home from school. My parents said this was to stop me be teased by other kids, but they depriving me of leading a normal life, intergrating and doing things that develop social skills and structuring. As a result of this, i was very shy and lack confidence when i started to venture out in adulthood, my parents by this time had divorced, and my my mum thought she could still tell me at 22 that i can't venture too far, i soon corrected her on that fact, and she would go into her stupid teenage like moods when she couldn't get her own way. The last time i kissed a girl was in 1993! The next time i kissed another girl and had sex with her was in 1999,i was still a virgin till 1999, Age 23) 6 years without any contact all due to being brainwashed into believing that i wouldn't be able to go out and lead a normal life and make friends and meet girls. This legacy has been the root of my depression. And i have tried to commit suicide twice in my life, most recently 2009. I have no social skills, no job, no GF at present, and suffer nice guy syndrome as well. How am i suppose to not feel bitter and angry when i see other guys getting girls with ease, and all the droves of happy people in the company of friends and BF/GFs. I don't know what to do anymore.
Posted by Richard Ferdinand : 12/3/11
Come and share your personal depression experiences so that others will also learn from your personal experiences with depression.
Send us your story about depression
Thank you for your sharing.
Sometimes crying or laughing
are the only options left,
and laughing feels better right now.
Self Help Leaflets
Take the help of our self help leaflets or booklets.
The DG Magazine
All about living with depression
More Depression Stories
- Wendy Williams story
- 2nd Birth
- Slow Dance
- Traumatized by my husband
- My long road to recovery
- My Lifes Proper Bangers Mate
- I get no relief
- Love hurts
- Wanting to give Giving up
- I know How you Feel
- Depression how it can affect u
- whys this me against the world
- My Hidden Secrets
- This pain
- How Schutzhund Saved Me
- Depression Confession - A Father's Determination
- Depth of Depression, My Story
- So YOU think YOU have it bad eh ????
- Story of my life
- The Room and the Return
- MY Life
- Depression gets the best of us
- Improving Self Esteem - I am a Loser effect
- I don't care anymore
- Living in a moment
- I have no friends - what to do?
- These Things Have Saved Me
- heart break box
- A Concerned Mother
- Come as you are.
- 14 year old girl with deppression
- Becca Mild Depression
- Jayne (We can get rid of it)
- Guy (The apple doesn't fall far from the tree )
- Karen (Systemic Lupus Erythematosis - The Will to Survive )
- Claire (Beat depression dont let it beat you )
- majordepressedguy (Seen a light)
- Dylan ( My Depression)
- april banlawi
- i\'m i depressed??
- wounds of my heart
- depression for years
- i dont know am 17
- I have no more guts to face my parents
- Nice guy syndrome
- My story
- depression hurts
- Nobody cares and why should they
- The Slacker Perfectionist
- To Finally Drop My Fake Smile
- People i walk with
- one girl, one depression, one not understanding world
- What Hurts the Most
- Tired of everything
- hate of life
- Life-Long Despair
- How does depression affect your daily life?
- My Depressed Life
- The Secret Life Of Depression and Anxiety
- My Story of Schizophrenia in Family