How to treat Bone SpurTweet
What Is Bone spur?
Bone spur is the bony growth shapes on normal bone. Bone spur is as irregular growth of bone out of another bone, often situated on the heel and typically painfu. Bony projections that build up along the edges of bones.Another name of the bone spurs called osteophytes. A bone spur forms as the body tries to repair itself by building extra bone. It generally forms in response to pressure, rubbing, or stress that continues over a long period of time.
Bone spurs also cause of form in the feet in response to taut ligaments, to activities for example dancing and running that place pressure on the feet, and to pressure from life form overweight or as of badly fitting shoes. For instance, the long tendon on the base of the foot can develop into harassed or tight and drag on the heel, reasons tendon to become inflamed.Bone spur often seen in the person who have repetitive use of the shoulder, athletes, especially baseball players and painters who frequently work with their arms above their heads.
Symptoms of bone spur
symptoms of bone spur are swelling, pain, and tearing. Bone spurs in the foot corns and calluses when tissue builds up to provide added padding over the bone spur.
Prevention of bone spur
In bone spurdirected you can take rest, ice, stretching, and nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs for example ibuprofen. you are suffring from bone spur and you have more than pain, trouble in walking you can call your doctor.keep exercise and try to stay off your feet.Use anti-inflammatory. Though you may not be able to see it, the tendons in your foot swell when irritated.
Home remedy for bone spur
- Use ice to your foot by putting a ice-covered water bottle on the floor and undulating it back and onward with your foot. Keep treatment this for 10 minutes at a time, after that put the bottle back in the freezer for a while.
- Take 500 to 1000 mg of curcumin (the yellow pigment of turmeric), 3 to 4 times a day, on an empty stomach. It is effective remedy to cure bone spur.
- Use application of flexi seed hot pack relief of pain due to bone spurs. Take a few heated flexi seeds in a uncouth cloth and like bandage require to place and bind it on the affected bone joints. This hot bandage gives relief from pain and discomfort of bone spurs.
- Take cheese cloth soak in the linseed oil and after that need to cover around the affected joints and then you should to cover the oil bandage with a plastic cover. Apply heated pad on the plastic cover for 1-2 hours, the mixture of heat and oil therapy will certainly give some effective relief from the uneasiness of bone spur.
- Dip the joints with the mixture of arnica oil and chamomile herb’s decoction curing the bone spurs problem on the regular use of it.
Herbal home remedy to treat bone spur
- Wash the joints with chamomile tea. Take a cup of boiling water and soak 2-3 tsp fresh or dried chamomile flowers in it. Strain the decoction and cool it down. Take it to bathe the painful joints.
Tips and diet for bone spur
- Wear heel splints to bed. These devices keep your foot at a right angle to your leg while you sleep so the tendons stay stretched.
- Put heel cups in your shoes. These relieve the pressure on the bone spur and elevate your heel slightly, allowing your plantar tendons to relax.
- Sit on the floor with your legs extended in front of you. Grab your feet near the toes and pull them toward you for a count of 10. Relax and repeat several times
- Stand near a wall and take a step back with one foot. Leaving your heels on the floor, lean forward, using the wall for support, until you feel the stretch in the back foot. Hold for several seconds, then repeat with the other foot.
- Have a balanced diet as one of the home remedies for bone spur. Make up the deficiency of calcium as one of the home remedies for bone spur. Take more leafy vegetables an fruits to get a fast relief.
- Do gently massage the affected area of the body in a circular motion. It would be help in promoting blood circulation and reducing pain, thereby reducing pain caused by bone spurs.
- Keep daily exercise for example pranayam and yoga.