Home Remedy For Hay Fever
What Is Hay Fever?
Hay fever also knows as seasonal allergic rhinitis. Hay is caused by an allergy to cold, grass for example pollen, dust mites or pet dander and causes cold-like symptoms such as a runny nose, congestion, and sneezing and sinus pressure. Symptoms are because of the immune system responding to the pollen. Mostly people have hay fever year-round. For others, it gets inferior at certain times of the year, typically in the spring, summer or fall. Single and most common allergic situation, hay fever influences about one in five people.
Symptoms of Hay fever
- Runny nose and thin discharge
- Congested nose
- Postnasal drop
- Feeling of plugged ear
- Watery, bloodshot eyes
- Itching of nose, soft palate, ear canal, eyes, and/or skin
- Problem sleeping
Prevent for Hay fever
- Gurgle with warm salt water and take 1-2 tablespoons of table salt in 8 ounces of warm water, to soothe a mildly sore throat.
- Take nonprescription antihistamines for example diphenhydramine (Benadryl) to reduce symptoms of sneezing, runny nose, and itchy throat and eyes
- For prevent stuffy nose, a mixture of an antihistamine and a decongestant for example pseudo ephedrine like Sudafed, Actifed may act better
- Use anti-inflammatory nasal sprays and nose drops, which decrease inflammation in the fragile lining of the nose. Take this daily for the best results
- Use anti-allergy nasal sprays and eye drops, such as cromoglycate, which work on the linings of the nose and eyes to stop the allergen triggering a reaction
Home remedy for Hay fever
- Mix some honey to boiled minced grapefruit and lemon. Take this solution three times a day. For stopping irritation in your nose.
- Apply little petroleum jelly inside your nose.
- Simmer chamomile in water and inhale fumes from the water.
- Take of herbal tea or general table tea neutralizes the prevalence of histamine in health system, thus confirm effective in relieving the strength of allergic reaction.
Natural remedy to treat Hay fever
- Take 2-3 raw garlic cloves will definitely help building an invigorated immunity system which may work good prevent allergic reaction of body. Though, if you have difficulty with your digestive system with acid reflux, it is better not to go for this remedy, it mat gets worse the case.
Tips and diet for Hay fever
- Consume clean, healthy and balanced diet. Add vitamin C in your diet. Do not take flour, sugar, salt and dairy products for one week. Drink plenty of filtered water and herbal tea. Eat good quality protein.
- Stop drinking and smoking for relief hay fever.
- Regulary cut down the grass out short in the lawn, especially in the spring season.
Do you like this Story?
Stay Connected with DG