How to treat Sore ThroatTweet
What Is Sore Throat?
Sore throat is an irritation or swelling in the pharynx and at the back of the throat. Frequently caused by a viral infection, sore throat is the effect of cold, cough or flu. Extra causes of sore throat include tonsillitis, mumps, sinusitis, measles, diphtheria, leukemia, too much smoking, talking loudly and shouting.
Symptoms of sore throat
- Pain in the throat
- Chills and fever
- Inflammation in the throat
- Swelling of lymph glands
- Complexity in swallowing
- Irritation in the throat
- Pain in the ears
- Swelling of tonsils
- Trouble in breathing
- Incapability to swallow food
- Trouble opening the mouth
- Joint pain
- High fever
- Blood in saliva or phlegm
- Lump in neck
- Hoarse voice
Prevent for sore throat
Take antibiotics medicine if a bacterial infection is the cause of the sore throat. For viral sore throats, antibiotics have no effect. These infections are treated by controlling or relieving.
Take antiviral drugs for healing sore throat troubles.
Home remedy for sore throat
- Do gargle with warm salt water. This is an effective natural remedy for sore throat.
- Also do gargle with Aloe Vera juice two times daily. This is also an effectual home remedy for sore throat.
- Mix 4 cloves of garlic, 1 tsp of honey and 1/8 tsp of cayenne. Eat 1 tsp of this mixture, everyday, during sore throat. Make sure to chew it well, before swallowing. This is beneficial remedy to cure sore throat.
- Take a cup of water, put some Holy Basil leaves. Boil this mixture, let it to cool and strain well. You can either drink it or use it for gargling.
- You can do gargle with lukewarm water. Add some salt to it, before gargling. This is surely providing relief.
- Take pint of boiling water; add 1 or 2 tsp dried chamomile blossoms. Allow them steep well and then strain the water. Drink a cup of this mixture, every few hours, during sore throat.
- Mix a tsp each of apple cider vinegar and honey, along with a pinch of cayenne pepper and extracted juice of 1/4th lemon, in a cup of hot water. Mix well before drinking. Intake this mixture 4 times in a day. It is helpful for treating sore throat.
- Boil a glass of water. In it, add a pinch of powdered cloves, a pinch of pepper powder and 1 tsp honey. Drink this mixture once in a day, if possible early morning. This is an effective way to cure sore throat.
- Take a glass of lukewarm water, put in some fenugreek seeds and let them steep for sometime. Strain the water and gargle with it, to cure sore throat. It is good home remedy to heal sore throat.
- Take 600 ml of water; add 25 grams fresh sage water and 1/4th tsp cayenne. Leave it a boil and allow it to cool. Now, strain this mixture and drink one time in a day.
Diet for sore throat
- Barberry Tincture is useful in curing sore throat. Take 1/4th cup water and put in 15 to 20 drops of the tincture to it. Have this water thrice daily, for 10 days.
- Prepare a tea by putting a tsp of dried red sage in one cup of boiling water. Coat it with a lid and leave for 10 minutes. Now, strain this mixture and add a few drops of vinegar to it. You can either drink it as tea or use it for gargling.
- Person has sore throat take on a well-balanced diet, with importance on seeds, nuts, grains, raw vegetables, and fresh fruit.