How to treat Cracked HeelsTweet
What Is Cracked Heels?
Cracked heels are most common problem of the feet. Cracked heels are a form of thickening and fissuring of the skin on the heel of the foot. Cause of cracked heels is dry skin (xerosis), and made more complicated if the skin approximately the rim of the heel is thick (callus).
Symptoms of Cracked heels
- Firm growth of skin on the external edge of the heel.
- Yellow or dark skin on the heel.
- Pain during walking.
- Increased pain in thin soles or open back shoes.
- Red or flaky scraps on the heel of the foot
- Flaking and cracked skin
- Itchy skin
Prevent of Cracked heels
- Avoid extreme hot water bath becuase it may lead a drying on the skin.
- Use a good quality of moisturizer at least once in a day to keep dry skin.
- Use application of a moisturizing cream.
- Use a pumice stone to decrease the thickness of the hard skin.
- Do not wear open backed shoes or thin soled shoes.
- Wear shoes with a good shock absorbing sole.
Home remedy for Cracked heels
- Put pulp of the ripe banana on the affected cracked heels. Keep it for 10 minutes and wash it clean.It is good remedy to cure cracked heels.
- Apply hydrogenated vegetable oil after washing the feet clean on dry and cracked areas of the feet. Applying a thick wrap of hydrogenated oil on the feet after that wear a pair of thick socks. Leaving this application during the night can surely give helpful out come in few days.
- Steep the feet in lemon juice for about 10minutes. Follow this therapy on a weekly basis until one finds a change.
Use regular application of a mixture of glycerin and rosewater is known to soothe and cure cracked heels.
- Use melts paraffin wax and mixes it well with little mustard oil. Apply on the dry or cracked area of the heels. Wash it off in the morning. An incessant application for 10 to15 days can get desirable results.
- Every day command of cleaning and moisturizing is a good cure for dry or cracked heels. On the end of the day immerse the feet in warm soapy water for about 15 minutes. Wash feet and pat dry. Prepare a healing mixture include of: one teaspoon Vaseline and the juice of one lemon. Rub this mixture onto the cracked heels and other necessary areas of the feet till it is methodically absorbed. Does this daily until visible results are obtained.
Tips and diet for Cracked heels
- Eat Vitamins (Vitamin E) rich foods comprise vegetable oils, green vegetables, cereals, wheat germ, whole-grain products and nuts.
- Take milk, cheese, yogurt, goat’s milk, fortified soya milk, mineral water, ice cream, tinned fish, juices, cereals and broccoli are excellent sources of calcium. Dairy products such as milk and yogurt are also considered as one of the best sources of calcium.
- Eat Oysters, chicken, crab, kidney beans, yogurt, brown rice, spaghetti.
- Rinse your feet with warm water and soap every night before going to bed.
- Massage a thick lotion or moisturizing cream on them.
- Keep away from exposure to sunlight or cold wind by wearing day time socks.
- Keep away from exposing the heels and toes to dirt and grime.
- Cut and file long nails.
- Do a good pedicure occasionally.
- Shine those nails and remove peeling polish on
- Stop walk barefoot if you have developed cracked soles.