How to treat Mumps?Tweet
What Is Mumps?
Mumps is a viral infection illness. It,s characterized by puffiness of the parotid glands, at present below and in front of the ear, and at times, the salivary glands under the jaw.
Symptoms of mumps
- Soreness or swelling one or both sides of the parotid glands. Uncomfortable may range from vague tenderness to clear pain when opening the mouth or swallowing
- Fever, frequently lasting about two to three days
- Sore muscles
- Loss of hunger
- Earache that is provoked by chewing
- Mostly men and teenager boys, swelling in one or both testes.
- Hatred to light, lethargy, and a firm neck.
- Upper abdominal pain, nausea and vomiting.
- In women lower abdominal pain.
Prevent of mumps
- Patient who is student of high school or collage they has take a dose of the MMR vaccine.
- Alternatively you should be take aspirin dose but children can not be used this medicine.
- Do not send your child to school or day care for 7 to 10 days after the swelling appears.
Home remedy for mumps
- Take Chebulic myroblan herb rub in water. Apply this paste over the swelling. It is an efficient home remedy for curing mumps.
- Soak the leaves of peepal leaves with clarified butter and warm them over fire. Keep these leaves over the swelled area and bandage it well.
- Make paste grind dry ginger with water. Apply this paste over the infected area. This remedy not only reduces the swelling, but also subsidizes the pain.
- Asparagus seed and fenugreek seed are effective in treating mumps. Take equal quantity of asparagus and fenugreek seeds and grind them. Put in some water; make a paste out of it. Apply this paste over the swellings to relieve from mums.
- Take aloe Vera peel this one side. Warm the peeled side and drop some turmeric powder over it, along with the extract of Indian barbery. Put it over the inflamed area and bandage it well.
- Crush the leaves of margosa and add some turmeric powder and water, to form a paste. Apply this paste over the affected area. This is beneficial in treating mumps.
Diet and tips for mumps
- Avoid any type of acidic food. You are suffering from mumps should not be given citrus juices and curd. Instead, water and vegetable soup should be preferred.
- Fluid like rice water flavored with some ghee and in use along with raw mango pickle is amongst the ideal foods during mumps.
- You should drink water and vegetable soups which are not citric.
- Avoid taking the vaccination if you are expecting your baby during those nine months.
- Patient should take enough rest and sleep
- You are suffering from mumps should have separate bed, separate lunch and dinner plate as mumps infections are transferable.