Home Remedy For ScurvyTweet
What Is Scurvy?
Scurvy, also know vitamin C shortage, is too serious illness affecting young people or teenagers today. Scurvy caused by a dietary lack of vitamin C or ascorbic acid, a nutrient found in many fresh fruits and vegetables, mostly the citrus fruits.Scurvy characterized the formation of spots on the skin, spongy gums, and bleeding from the mucous membranes.
Symptoms of scurvy
- Loss of hunger
- Poor weight grow
- Pain and tenderness of the legs
- Swelling over the long bones
Prevent of scurvy
- Scurvy patient should have a good diet take naturally in many fruits and vegetables, particularly in tomatoes, citrus fruits, cantaloupe, broccoli, spinach, green peppers, cabbage, and potatoes.
- Patient should take vitamin C supplements orally. In adult dosage is 800-1000 mg/day for at least one week, after that 400 mg/day until complete recovery and children should be given 150-300 mg/day for one month.
- Patient of scurvy should also take on outdoor exercises like walking, swimming, and cycling. He/she should sleep in a well ventilated room, and spend as much time as probable in the fresh air.
Herbal remedy for scurvy
- Dried up indian gooseberry should be powdered with an equal quantity of sugar. This residue should be given in doses of one teaspoon, three times daily, with milk. It is effective home remedies for curing scurvy.
- Jaundice berry is helpful herbal remedy fur scurvy. Take some leaves of the plant are anti-scorbutic or anti-scurvy. Make a mixture of this leaves can be prepared by boiling 15 gm of dried leaves in 500 ml of water till it is reduced by one-third. About 150 to 175 ml of the mixture can be taken at a time. The juice of the berry is also effective for healing scurvy you can be taken in doses of 2 to 4 ml.
Natural remedy for scurvy
- Consume lime and lemon is highly helpful in the prevention and treatment of scurvy. Lemon have rich sources of vitamin C, lime and lemon are regarded as foods of outstanding therapeutic value. Juice of one lime or lemon mixed in a glass of water, with a teaspoon of honey, should be taken for treating this condition.
Diet for scurvy
- Aamchur, a popular item of diet in Indian homes, consisting of green mangoes - skinned, stoned, cut into pieces, dried in the sun and powdered. Fifteen grams of aamchur are supposed to be equal to thirty grams of good lime on description of its citric content.
- Potato is an excellent food home remedy for scurvy. Most contains up to 17 mg of vitamin C, can be found in 100 mg of potatoes. These will good work for curing scurvy.