Home Remedy For Cold SoreTweet
What Is Cold sore?
Cold sores usually a small, painful fluid filled blisters or sores which is occur on the lips, mouth or nose and other place like cheek, chin or fingertips. Cold sores are a kind of facial cut that are seen also on the lips or besides on the skin in the area right away adjacent to the mouth. a number of equal conditions that are used to pass on to cold sores are fever blisters.Cold sores virus can just be transmitted by close individual contact such as kissing. Some people will have come into contact with the virus between the ages of three to five but will not demonstrate any symptoms until after teenage years.
Symptoms of Cold sore
- First symptoms of the sore infection are characterized by distracted constitutional sign for example fever, irritability, and pain upon swallowing.
- Small, painful, fluid-filled blisters on a raised, red area of your skin, typically around the mouth Pain or tingling, called the prodrome, often precedes the blisters by one to two days.
- Usual sore duration of seven to 10 day.
Prevent of Cold sore
Cold sores will usually start to heal on their own within a few days. But if they cause pain or make you feel embarrassed, they can be treated. Treatment may include skin creams, ointments, or sometimes pills. Treatment may get rid of the cold sores only 1 to 2 days faster, but it can also help ease painful blisters or other uncomfortable symptoms.
Home remedy for Cold sore
- Ice is one of the good home remedy for cold sores. Rub ice on the infected skin for few minutes, do again this every hour.
- Lysine is one of the most important things to use when you have a mouth sore. The amino acid fights the virus and can be taken in any form, but not for more than six months at a time.
- Apply a tea bag for few minutes on the blisters, repeat this every hour. One can also consider pressing a warm tea bag on the blisters for approximately 30 minutes.
- Take coconut oil : 100 ml, Dettol : 2 ml, and Carbolic acid: 3 ml (available from chemical shops, you can replace carbolic acid with teatree oil) Apply it on cold sores once or twice to get rid off sores.
- Apply Witch Hazel on sores.
- Take four acidophilus capsules three or four times a day with milk.
- Rub aloe juice or aloe gel on cold sores.
- Apply a cornstarch paste.
- Lemon balm extract may reduce cold sore symptoms and speed up the healing.
- Apply spirit of camphor on the sore.
Herbal remedy to treat cold sore using tea tree oil
- Herbal Sage, Tea Tree Oil and the herbal sedative Violet have been used as treatments for cold sores. Make a tea by adding two or three Sage leaves and a small ginger root piece or ginger powder to a cup of boiling water and steep. Drink 2-3 cups a day.
Tips and diet for Cold sore
- Avoid using the same cups, plates, towels, with others and avoid skin-to-skin.
- Don't use the same towels, razors or utensils as someone with cold sores
- Avoid kissing someone with cold sores.
- Avoid sex with someone who has genital herpes (sores).
- Use a sunscreen of at least 15 SPF on your lips and other susceptible areas.
- Replace your toothbrush after an attack.
- Wash your hands thoroughly after touching the cold sores.
- Do not take acidic or salty foods.