Home Remedy For HiccupsTweet
What is Hiccups?
Hiccups are unexpected, instinctive reductions of the diaphragm muscle.The muscle is the base of lungs. The spasm is pursued by fast closing of the vocal cords, which build up a unique sound.
Causes of Hiccups
- Eating extream food too quickly and hot or spicy food bavrage.
- Taking too much alcohol.
- Swallowing too much air.
- Suddenly change in stomach temperature, for example drinking a hot beverage and then a cold beverage.
- Emotional stress or excitement.
- Abdominal surgery
Prevent for Hiccups
- Keep Hold your breath and counting slowly to 10.
- Breathing repeatedly into a paper bag for a limited period of time.
- Fastly drinking a glass of cold water.
- Consuming a teaspoon of sugar or honey.
- If your hiccups do not stop in 30 minutes you can call your doctor.
Home remedy for Hiccups
- You should drink water frequently in short durations.
- Consuming a spoonful of peanut butter would work well in stopping hiccups.
- When a person is having hiccups taking deep breaths for control it .
- Do gargle by using lukewarm water. This is a good home remedy for treating hiccups.
- Take a tablespoon of sugar lick it slowly. This is an effectual natural method to treat hiccups.
- Yet one simpler way would be to divert the mind to something else. This is useful in stopping hiccups.
- Take a cup of yoghurt; add 2 tsp of common salt. Eat this slowly to stop the hiccups.
- Boil 2 cups of water with ½ tsp of cardamom powder to it. Then filter it. Drink the filtrate to stop the hiccups.
- To stop hiccups suck crushed ice. This is gives instant relief.
- Suck slowly pieces of ginger. For stopping the hiccups.
- Mix up 1/2 tsp mustard seeds with 1/2 tsp of pure ghee. Consume this mixture as it would stop the hiccups instantly.
Tips and diet for Hiccups
- Place your fingers in your ears while somebody helps you drink a full glass of water slowly
- Drink glass of water sip by sip for stop hiccups.
- Do not eat too much and spicy or hot food.
- Suck a popsicle or ice cream.
- Take Squeezed lemon juice.