How to treat Leg CrampsTweet
What Is Leg Cramps?
Cramps are unexpected, painful, instinctive reductions of muscles in your leg. Usually seen leg cramps involve your calf muscles, but muscles in your feet or thighs may cramp as well. And frequently happens in a calf muscle, below and behind a knee. Leg crams is because of a muscle spasm which is when a muscle contracts too hard.
Causes of leg cramps
- Some drugs as a side-effect,
- Over-exertion of muscles.
- Alterations in the balance of salts in the bloodstream for example high low sodium or potassium level,
- Excess alcohol,
- MInor vascular disease
Prevent of leg cramps
- When you have occurred leg cramp you should do gently massage and stretch the sore muscle. After that take a hot shower or bath. This frequently solves the difficulty and take a hot shower or bath to warm and relax the muscle.
- Always stay hydrated. Even if it isn't well identified how dehydration and muscle cramping are connected, it's recognized that dehydration can affect leg cramps. Making it essential to drink plenty of liquid or juice before, during and after exercise. for all time drink at least three full glasses of water each day, including one before bedtime.
- Keep Massage the cramped muscle gently in the natural way of the muscle. It would be provide relax the reduction and ease the pain.
- Take glass of lukewarm milk before going to bed is an easy, up till now useful method to treat the leg cramps.
- Even as you are on bed, stretch the legs to the extent that you can and keep it in the same location for half an hour. While standing, push your heel onto the floor and bend your toes upwards. This is a best method to treat leg cramps.
Home remedy for leg cramps
- Take potassium and calcium rich foods to relief from leg cramps
- Consume15 grams of fresh bathu juice daily with an empty stomach without adding any salt or sugar to it.
- Take hot shower before going to bed is efficient in curing leg cramps. Decant some hot water on the painful area too.
- Take a cup of red raspberry leaf tea, eat in the morning and evening, is excellent for healing a person suffering from leg cramps. Boil cup of water and add a tsp red raspberry tea to it. Leave it steep for a few minutes, strain and drink when still warm.
- Blend one tbsp of calcium lactate, one tsp of apple cider vinegar and one tsp of honey in half a glass of lukewarm water. eat this once a day. It will be helpful in treating leg cramps.
- Placing hot water bottle on the affected area is also beneficial in treating and curing cramps.
- Consuming 2 tsp of honey per day is helpful to stop leg cramps.
- Raise the intake of foods rich in calcium, potassium and magnesium daily
Herbal remedy to treat leg cramps using chamomile, lavender
- Use like lavender oil and rosemary oil and eucalyptus oil. For massaging, wrap the affected area with a towel dipped in hot water.
- Make chamomile tea and drink it at least 5 times a day, for about 2 weeks. For every cup of water, take two or three teaspoons of chamomile flower. Carry the water to a boil and let the flower steep in it for a few minutes. Strain, put in sugar or honey, and drink warm.This is good remedy to cure leg cramps.
Tips and diet for leg cramps
- You should also use a warm towel or heating pad to ease pain or tenderness
- Eating 2-3 bananas per day, as it add to the potassium intake in the body, as a result reduce leg cramps.