How to treat Mononucleosis?Tweet
What Is Mononucleosis?
Mononucleosis is a kissing disorder caused by the Epstein-Barr virus. It is an infection from touching and kissing. Usually many people have been exposed to the virus at some time in childhood.The probability of mononucleosis recurring or becoming chronic are very rare.
Symptoms of mononucleosis
- Sore muscles
- Larger-than-normal liver and spleen
- Skin rash
- Abdominal pain
Prevent for mononucleosis
- Increase water level in the body drink plenty of fluids.
- Gargle with warm salt water to ease a sore throat.
- Take plenty of rest
- Take acetaminophen or ibuprofen for pain and fever.
- Stop kissing or sharing utensils if you or someone close to you has mono.
Home remedy for mononucleosis
- You can use bergamot, eucalyptus, and lavender essential oils for as aromatherapy treatment, use extracts for a warm bath; this may help to relieve fatigue.
- Consume garlic can help reducing chances of infections.
- Rest is his top cure for mononucleosis. You are patient of mononucleosis for advised to take a good rest and complete sleep with good diet to combat further complications.
- If you have a sore throat, gargling with slippery elm bark and licorice is considered useful. Instead of , gargling with salt water will also alleviate a sore throat.
- Use Yarrow and Elder flower as this have medicinal properties and helps reduce fever.
Tips and diet for mononucleosis
- Consume four to six small meals every day instead of only three main meals
- Eat fresh fruits, vegetables and unprocessed foods in your diet
- Drink plenty of water to flush toxins
- Do not eating meat, saturated fats, caffeinated or decaffeinated drinks.
- Stop indulging in sports or stressful activities
- Rinse hands regularly with antibacterial soaps.
- Do not come physical contacts with infected person
- Keep maintain proper and good hygiene
- Avoid using other people toothbrush to avoid infections or spreading of virus.
- Consume of supplements to boost the immune system. Required supplements are: Vitamin A, Vitamin B-complex,Vitamin C, Magnesium, Potassium and Calcium.