How to Get Rid of Depression ?Tweet
Depression is a way of thinking, like when you go through a depressing period. Depression is an emotional disorder, and nothing to be ashamed of. But often, people who are depressed are suffering from negative thoughts about themselves, and the illness can feed on that.
The problem with depression is that it makes you feel like you have no energy. Even getting out of bed can take a monumental effort, so it may be hard to imagine exercising at all when you're depressed.
Some of the ways to get rid of depression
- Flowers that smell good, colorful lights, and sunshine are all good in helping with depression. Just getting some fresh air can help too
- Breaking up your normal routine may be just the thing to spark your energy.
- Change your eating habits. An occasional treat isn't going to hurt you, but make sure your diet is based on fresh fruits and vegetables, protein, milk products, quality fats and complex carbohydrates. A balanced diet keeps the nutrients in your body balanced, which helps ward off depression.
- Talk to someone you trust: a friend, a family member, even a counselor.
- If you have a nagging voice in your head constantly putting you down, give in to it. Sit quietly for as long as it takes to listen to all that self-criticism until you're so bored you switch off.
- Go outside. Even a little bit of sunshine can help raise your mood a little. Try to get outside and get some fresh air, remind yourself there's a world out there and you can participate in it as much as you can handle.
- Keep having goals and living your life and it will eventually go away but sometimes it takes a few months.
- Exercise produces endorphins, which are the body's natural response to pain and stress and may be at especially low levels in people suffering from depression.
- You can practice Yoga and Meditation. It is a kind of awareness of your mind, body and spirit, That brings happiness and health.
- Dance the stress away. Find the time and space to dance alone for a few minutes each day. It releases angst from the day and will leave you feeling better about yourself.
- Try some holistic remedies for easing your depression. St. John's Wort has long been used to treat depression and anxiety. Look for it in capsules and tea. Try a few drops of juniper oil massaged into your forehead a few times a day. Combine it with meditation for a completely relaxing experience.
- Try a new hobby one that you can get into with lots of people try a sport as yuo get to be healthy and meet new freinds.
- Some of the following relaxation techniques are useful in controlling depression, stress or anxiety.
- Deep breathing
- Meditation or Yoga
- Progressive relaxation